EMPTY THE SHELTERS
Brought to you by the Bissell Pet Foundation
Dogs & cats 1 and older:
Saturday, September 16
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
SPCA Serving Erie County, 300 Harlem Rd.,
West Seneca, NY 14224
See photos of adoptable animals
EMPTY THE SHELTERS REMINDERS!
Are you…or is someone you know…visiting the SPCA Saturday for “Empty the Shelters?” Here are some important reminders!
1) This event is happening at our 300 Harlem Rd., West Seneca shelter ONLY! Offsite adoption locations are not included in this event. Adoptions are open 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, but please note…we pre-approve/adopt out to our guests in order of their arrival! We may not be able to accept new adopter names in the afternoon if there are too many guests who arrived earlier and are already waiting to adopt. In other words: COME EARLY!
2)ADOPTABLE ANIMALS CANNOT BE PUT ON HOLD FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15! The Empty the Shelters free adoption event is happening Saturday, September 16 only.
3)Adoption fees are free for dogs and cats 1 year and older. Fees remain the same for younger dogs and cats, puppies and kittens, and for other adoptable animals. Check them out at https://www.yourspca.org/adoptableanimals ! You can find information on adoption fees, what’s included with adoptions (spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations, etc.) at https://www.yourspca.org/adoptioninfo#fees .
4) You can see a list and even some photos of adoptable dogs athttps://www.yourspca.org/adoptabledogs, and cats at https://www.yourspca.org/adoptablecats . We have no control over the number or types of animals surrendered to the SPCA prior to these adoption events, so please…be happy if there aren’t a lot of homeless animals available!
PLEASE BE AWARE…we are anticipating many, many more potential adopters visiting Saturday than the number of animals we have available for adoption! Yes, the thought of that may be frustrating if you’re hoping to adopt on Saturday, but when you think about it, the fact that you and so many other community members want to give our beautiful animals loving, new families is a wonderful thing, and says a great deal about our supporters and friends!
5) What should you bring to the SPCA on Empty the Shelters day? Most importantly, YOUR PATIENCE.If you’re hoping to adopt Saturday, September 16, please know you will most likely be at our West Seneca shelter for at least a couple of hours. Due to the overwhelming interest in this event that has been shown this past week, we’re expecting hundreds of visitors at our West Seneca shelter Saturday. That means it will take a longer period of time to process pre-approvals, adoptions, etc.
6)What else should you bring to the SPCA for an adoption? Well, our private conversation-based adoption process remains the same, so you’ll want to bring the same things you’d bring any other day…in addition to method of payment (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, personal check or cash – you’ll want to bring a payment method along just in case you fall in love with an animal whose adoption fee is not waived), photo ID is required, and proof of your current address, the address at which the animal will be living.
7) Coming to the SPCA during Empty the Shelters sometime after 10:00 am? BE SURE TO CHECK OUR WEBSITE FIRST TO ENSURE THERE ARE STILL ANIMALS AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION! Depending on the level of interest from the community, it’s possible most of our animals 1 and older will be adopted sometime before you arrive!
Check https://www.yourspca.org/adoptablecats and https://www.yourspca.org/adoptabledogs before heading to our shelter if you plan on trying to adopt a free animal! These pages are updated each time an animal is made available for adoption, so although all the animals may not have photographs, they will be listed on these pages.
Yes, every animal who is available for adoption and not part of our Pet Connect program will be listed here!
8) Visit our Adoption FAQs page for answers to other adoption questions!
Location: SPCA Serving Erie County, 300 Harlem Rd., West Seneca, NY 14224
Fees: Free adoptions of cats and dogs 1 year and older!
Calendar: Event Calendar