THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE ANIMALS TRANSPORTED TO THE SPCA!
Please read the following information PRIOR TO VISITING OR CALLING THE SPCA!
– The puppies, dogs, or other animals transported to the SPCA have only just arrived!
Due to overwhelming interest in them, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR SPCA OPERATORS TO RESPOND TO INDIVIDUAL PHONE CALLS ON THEM, AND IMPOSSIBLE FOR STAFF/VOLUNTEERS TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY WITH INDIVIDUALS WHO DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION!
Please read carefully!
– THERE WILL NOT BE A WAITING LIST FOR SPECIFIC ANIMALS TRANSPORTED TO THE SPCA! Please do not call and ask to be placed on a waiting list for animals transported to the SPCA! Although it may change in the future, at this time there are no animal waiting lists. Any exceptions to this will be noted with individual animal information provided.
– WE DO NOT KNOW WHEN EACH ANIMAL WILL BE GOING UP FOR ADOPTION: The SPCA Serving Erie County does not handle animals in a “cookie-cutter” manner; because we examine, evaluate, and when necessary, treat these animals as individuals, there is no way of knowing when each will be available for adoption.
– PUPPIES AND OTHER ANIMALS WILL BE LISTED ON OUR WEBSITE: Adoptable puppies and dogs seen in transport videos are listed here if/when made available for adoption, and remain listed until adopted. Please note: puppies made available for adoption are generally adopted within hours of being made available; because of this fast turn-around, staff and volunteers cannot answer questions on puppy availability over the phone!
Other adoptable animals seen in transport videos will be listed on our website here (select the appropriate animal category on that page) if/when made available for adoption, and will remain listed until adopted.
Please regularly visit these pages if you are waiting to see whether a specific animal becomes available.
– WE CANNOT HOLD TRANSPORTED/SPECIFIC ANIMALS SEEN IN VIDEOS OR PHOTOS.
– ALL OTHER QUESTIONS: Read our ADOPTION FAQs and find a sample of our ADOPTION CONTRACT here. To hear a recorded version of this message, please call 716-875-7360, ext. 406.